Vegan Date Sweetened Hot Chocolate
In 2021, Project Ramadan held a fun exciting contest open for the community to share personal recipes using some of the staple food items that are included in our PR food baskets. Here we have one of the submissions featuring a hot cocoa twist using dates from our PR basket. Nothing beats a warm mug of hot chocolate on a cold day!
- 2 cups of non-dairy unsweetened milk
- 5 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Place the non-dairy milk in a microwave-safe cup and add in the dates.
- Heat the milk and dates for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is very hot and the dates have softened.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, and add in the cocoa powder and pinch of salt.
- Lastly blend the mixture until smooth, then transfer to a mug and enjoy!
Recipe By: Malaika Singh
Chef-It-Up with PR
The Challenge: Create your favourite dish using the staple food items that are included in our PR food baskets.