Community Engagement Specialist
Attendance: Build Days & Special Events + Weekly Meetings (virtual / in-person)
Hours Commitment: ~10hours per week
Project Ramadan is seeking a Community Engagement Specialist to join their team. The Community Engagement Specialist volunteer position will focus on creating compelling content that resonates with diverse audiences and drives awareness of social issues related to hunger. This individual will be a storyteller and advocate, responsible for crafting and disseminating impactful content across various platforms.
- Create compelling content for various platforms, including social media, email newsletters, opinion pieces, and community outreach materials to engage users in social issues relating to food insecurity
- Provide support to marketing team in communicating promotional campaigns and event invitations to the PR community
- Work with internal teams to ensure consistent communication about our programs and impact
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with local partners, volunteers, and community groups
- Monitor community feedback and address concerns
- Degree or certification in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Familiarity with social media platforms and community engagement tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tailor messages to different audiences
- Experience using email marketing platforms
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Creative thinking and effective problem solving skills
- Passion for community service and addressing food insecurity
At Project Ramadan, we are dedicated to supporting families facing food insecurity across Canada. We rely on the passion and dedication of volunteers to help us make a positive impact in our community. What makes us unique: our organization is 100% volunteer run ensuring all funds raised are shared to those in need. We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team in supporting our mission. As a Community Engagement Specialist at Project Ramadan, you will play a vital role in supporting our mission. This is an unpaid volunteer position that offers an opportunity for you to contribute your skills and time for a meaningful cause.
Project Ramadan appreciates all applicants’ interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.