Attendance: Build Days & Special Events + Weekly Meetings (virtual / in-person)
Hours Commitment: ~10hours per week
Project Ramadan is seeking a Web Specialist to join their team. The Web Specialist volunteer position will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining Project Ramadan’s website to ensure it’s up-to-date, functional, and effectively supports the organization’s goals. The primary duties include updating web pages, managing PR e-commerce store and identifying opportunities to enhance the user experience for web visitors and potential donors. They will work closely with the team lead to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
- Regularly optimize site content to align with content calendar
- Assist in the setup of online fundraising campaigns
- Conduct web audits to ensure content is accurate, engaging and aligned with PR’s goals and branding
- Implement and maintain web features, themes and plugins and test to ensure site is functioning correctly
- Apply SEO best practices to improve website visibility in search results
- Manage operations of our PR store including product listings, pricing, inventory and order fulfillment
- Assist creating visual elements to support online marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align efforts with overall business goals
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in web development
- A degree or certification in web design, computer science, or a related field
- Proven experience in web management, web development, design, or in a similar role
- Experience with WordPress, upgrading site and plugins
- Strong design sensibility and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently or in a team
- Effective communication and project management skills
- Graphic design experience is an asset
At Project Ramadan, we are dedicated to supporting families facing food insecurity across Canada. We rely on the passion and dedication of volunteers to help us make a positive impact in our community. What makes us unique: our organization is 100% volunteer run ensuring all funds raised are shared to those in need. We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team in supporting our mission. As a Web Specialist at Project Ramadan, you will play a vital role in supporting our mission. This is an unpaid volunteer position that offers an opportunity for you to contribute your skills and time for a meaningful cause.
Project Ramadan appreciates all applicants’ interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.