EXECUTIVE TEAM MEMBER
Special Events Lead
Attendance: Build Days & Special Events + Weekly Meetings (virtual / in-person)
Hours Commitment: ~15hours per week
Project Ramadan is seeking a Special Events Lead to join their Executive Team. The Special Events Lead volunteer position will be at the core of our fundraising and community engagement efforts. This individual will play a crucial role in planning and executing special events that bring our mission to life and generate the resources we need to make a difference.
- Develop and implement a special events strategy that supports our goals and mission
- Plan and oversee the execution of special events, booths at local events, and more
- Manage budgets, including cost control, fundraising targets, and resource allocation
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team to promote events and engage supporters
- Recruit and manage volunteers, vendors, and partners to ensure successful event execution
- Oversee event logistics by managing stakeholders and deliverables to ensure success of events
- Stay updated with event planning trends and innovative ideas
- A degree or certification in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing, or a related field
- Experience in event planning
- Ability to network and be comfortable with reaching out to potential contacts (cold-calling, cold-emailing, meeting new people, visiting business locations etc.)
- Ability to communicate professionally over email, social media, and in-person
- Have excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage budgets and financial aspects of event planning
- Ontario G driver’s license an asset
At Project Ramadan, we are dedicated to supporting families facing food insecurity across Canada. We rely on the passion and dedication of volunteers to help us make a positive impact in our community. What makes us unique: our organization is 100% volunteer run ensuring all funds raised are shared to those in need. We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team in supporting our mission. As a Special Events Lead at Project Ramadan, you will play a vital role in supporting our mission. This is an unpaid volunteer position that offers an opportunity for you to contribute your skills and time for a meaningful cause.
Project Ramadan appreciates all applicants’ interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.