Public Relations Specialist
Attendance: Build Days & Special Events + Weekly Meetings (virtual / in-person)
Hours Commitment: ~10hours per week
Project Ramadan is seeking a Public Relations Specialist to join their team. The Public Relations Specialist volunteer position plays a crucial role in advancing and amplifying our mission of alleviating hunger. This individual is responsible for developing and implementing strategic PR campaigns that elevate the organization’s visibility, engage the public, and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media outlets, journalists and community partners to secure press coverage and media partnerships
- Create compelling press releases, media kits and other materials to effectively communicate key messages and initiatives
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews with company representatives
- Monitor media coverage, track PR metrics and provide regular reports to assess the impact of efforts
- Work with Special Event and Build Day teams to plan and coordinate outreach programs
- Collaborate with marketing team to ensure consistency in messaging
- Provide crisis communication support when needed
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and public opinion to adjust strategies as needed
- Degree or certification in Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- Proven experience in public relations, preferably in the nonprofit sector or related social impact areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tailor messages to different audiences
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Passion for community service and addressing food insecurity
- Ontario G driver’s license an asset
At Project Ramadan, we are dedicated to supporting families facing food insecurity across Canada. We rely on the passion and dedication of volunteers to help us make a positive impact in our community. What makes us unique: our organization is 100% volunteer run ensuring all funds raised are shared to those in need. We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team in supporting our mission. As a Public Relations Specialist at Project Ramadan, you will play a vital role in supporting our mission. This is an unpaid volunteer position that offers an opportunity for you to contribute your skills and time for a meaningful cause.
Project Ramadan appreciates all applicants’ interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.